Steve Wright – Who is that guy?
- IBS (aka undiagnosed digestive problems), Candida
- Specific Carbohydrate Diet since Jan 2010
- Electrical Engineer
- Traveling, Weightlifting, Sports, Digestion, Psychology
Who am I?
Hey everyone, listen below to get to know me better. The cliff notes version is here:
- Currently living in Lansing, MI
- Bachelor of Science from Kettering University
- Always interested in looking good and feeling better
- Fascinated by why we make and take the choices we do
Summary of problems leading to SCD?
So how did I get here and what is my background? Listen below for the full story:
- Several doctors diagnosed me with IBS
- Tried over the counter pills, high fiber, and different diets
- Also dealt with fistula and L. Bifidus overgrowth
My first week on the diet (Intro diet experience)
My intro diet experience was successful and I saw results really fast:
- No Dairy or Coffee
- Major relief in 4 days
- Removed Gelatin and saw a big improvement
- Die off Symptoms: Brain Fog, Cravings, Tired
My first 6 months on SCD
A couple weeks into the diet I was feeling much better, after a few stumbles (SCD is a skill), around the 10 week mark I was really settling into a groove and feeling amazing!
- Took me 3 months to get through all the phases
- Saw major improvements when I added digestive enzymes and betaine HCL
- Saw another major big jump when I added SCD legal yogurt
- Supplements @ 6 months: Multivitamin, B-complex, B12, Probiotics, Digestive Enzymes, Betaine HCL, Vitamin D3, Iodine, and Zinc (specific to my situation)
My 1 year Update (How SCD has changed me)
After a year, I was at a whole new level of health I never knew I could achieve, I got bored and started playing with things.
- Spent 3-4 months with perfect poops and amazing health
- Got my smelling back after I cut out all dairy (except butter)
- After a year small cheats didn’t affect me much
- Unhappy that my stomach acid levels were not returning so I decided to start experimenting
- Great first year, never pooped better, learned to cook, and doubled my energy levels