This Hormone Stops Inflammation (Unless it’s Low)

There’s an inflammation epidemic going on… and there’s one root cause that can really help.

We’ve seen it in about 90% of our 1-on-1 private clients.

There’s a hormone that, when it’s at normal levels, can completely put the inflammation fire out.

And in today’s video, I’m going to explain everything you need to know about this hormone and the critical role it plays in your immune system.

If you’re someone with chronic inflammation, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, or Autoimmune Disease… this video could explain a lot about why your immune system isn’t working right.

I even share 6 test results and show you what’s been going on in detail.

Not only that, but I get really specific about what tests to order if you think this hormone is a problem for you.

(PLUS – don’t miss my extremely important warning about this hormone at minute 6:33.)

- Jordan

P.S. – For more on this hormone, read this blog post.

Mauro February 13, 2014 at 6:23 am

Hi, my name is Mauro. I’m very interested about this topic because my wife Mirella suffers about an autoimmune disease named dermatomyositis, where inflammation concerns skin and muscles. No doctor prescriber such tests. Where can I find more useful information about the test she should have? Is there a book explaining all that? Are there functional medicine pratictioners in Italy. I checked, but I couldn’t find them…

John Robertson February 13, 2014 at 9:48 am

Thanks for taking the time to provide this excellent information. My naturopath recently recommended cortisol but we were unable to find one in Canada that didn’t have lactose in it. Do you know of a formulation without lactose that I can get in or into Canada? Thank you

Jeanne February 13, 2014 at 9:54 am

What treatment is available when they are too low?

Jordan Reasoner February 13, 2014 at 4:10 pm

Hi Jeanne, see my other comment to Katie in this thread about treating adrenal fatigue.

More videos to come on this in the future.

J

Katie February 13, 2014 at 11:49 am

Jordan, first, I must say how amazing you are, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all that you do! I purchased and have been following your entire plan to a “T” (never included the 4 horsemen, etc.) for the last couple of months without any improvement and am actually writing this from a hospital bed. High dose Prednisone doesn’t even help my inflammation, which brings me to this article…I have been tested and do have low cortisol, so PLEASE, tell us all how to treat it. Knowing you have low cortisol isn’t helpful unless you know how to resolve it. Thank you for all the knowledge you share with those of us in need. You are awesome, and I feel so blessed to have found you!

Jordan Reasoner February 13, 2014 at 4:09 pm

I’m so sorry to hear that Katie. It’s people like you that work so hard when diet just isn’t enough that breaks my heart.

Diet is a HUGE first step… but in many severe cases like yours, this is where it’s really really important to work on hormones like cortisol.

The most important thing you can do right away is find a good Functional Medicine Practitioner that can get you on an adrenal fatigue protocol ASAP. People can get out of adrenal fatigue and get off protocols… I’ve done it… and I’ve seen many others do it. The key is someone who knows what they are dealing with. This is a great place to start finding a practitioner until we hire some in the next few months.

Keep us posted. We’re here to support you :-)

cedar February 13, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Hi Jordan,

I appreciate your website and I listen to all you podcast. I was hoping to work with you guys but you have a hold on your patients. Is there anyone you can recommend in the Boulder Colorado area. I think I read somewhere that one of you lives in the area. I live in Denver and I don’t know where to start. There are so many doctors listed.

Bruce S February 14, 2014 at 12:41 am

I have high cortisol (too much stress/anxiety). How do i lower it? Do you recommend any supplements (omega-3, turmeric, etc)?

Thanks,
Bruce

Tina Whitty February 16, 2014 at 9:18 pm

My cortisol has been through the roof since I was 14 – probably earlier, but thats when they first starting testing, but the dr’s never did anything for it. I am now 44, with Hashimoto’s, diabetes, severe inflammation & who knows what else that hasn’t been diagnosed. What do I do? I am so tired of doctors who really don’t care.

Kristian Manietta February 19, 2014 at 8:34 am

Hey Jordan,

Thanks to the info you’re providing people. There is so much crap out there and this is refreshing to see.

My Bio Health 201 panel make the ones you just showed good! Here’s my levels:

AM: 3.1
Noon 3.0
PM 3.6
Night 1.4
Cortisol sum 11.0
DHEA-S Avg 4.95
Cortisol/DHEA-S Ration 2.2

You can imagine how I feel right now.

Oh, I also got diagnosed Celiac in July 2013. Previous to that I was super healthy, and a high performing triathlete. I was probably 80/20 gluten free. 2012 I had a freakish oesophagus perforation accident (7 days in hospital with IV heavy anti-biotics) – I think that was the start of my health issues. Then 4 wisdom teeth out which I got post op infection and more anti-b’s … I seemed to get better and go into exceptional shape for an Ironman tri even in March 2013.

Race day I had diaphragm shut down and the start of celiac reactions. Actually thought it was a parasite and never thought celiac as I was now closer to 90% GF. I got an endoscopy which showed partial villous atrophy – went 110% ie we threw out appliances, chopping boards etc and my wife and son eat same way (wife got gene tested and has DQ2 .. I have DQ8).

Anyway we don’t eat any grains – even the so called GF ones, I don’t eat seeds either as trying everything that could be cross-reacting.

Things looked good again – I got through a big endurance challenge in Italy on my bike and felt strong and fit again. Then I had a weird reaction which put me out for a few weeks. I was organising a 800mile (1300km) charity ride for 10 riders between Christmas and NY in Australia. The stress of organising that, not enough sleep, then the ride itself and a couple of not so fun cross-contamination episodes led to a perfect storm and I have been wrecked since.

I now know why. Recently I was in the US so I used to op to get some testing. As above – adrenals, did spectra cell, cyrex array 2 and 4, a stool test (still waiting on results) – I’m working with Health Now and now on a program.

My diet is grass fed meats, wild salmon, organic veg, coconut oil, olive oil and some ghee as I can’t have dairy and no eggs either as they came back extremely reactive at this stage as I still have leaky gut.

How long did it take you to recover? I want to ensure I’m doing EVERYTHING I can to get better. It’s tough when you normally have a overfilling bucket of motivation, energy and go get em to pretty much nothing.

Thanks again.
Kristian

Ana March 31, 2014 at 9:21 am

Hi Jordan, thank you for your video, and all the work you do.

But what if cortisol is too high??

Charlotte Reed July 18, 2014 at 12:05 am

My cortisol level is high and has been for years! It is likely part of my problem with obesity because when I took a product years ago that lowered my cortisol level I actually lost a substantial amount of weight. I am sad to say that product is no longer available and I have been struggling like forever to get my weight down. Any ideas or suggestions most welcome.

Lori Jo Berg July 23, 2014 at 12:44 pm

HI Charlotte,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your concerns. High cortisol can be a sing on stage 1 adrenal fatigue, and we certainly suggest getting some help. We have a live call on this very subject coming up in August, and you can find all the details here: : http://scdlifestyle.com/gut-hormone-live-event/ You may also need the help of a functional medicine practitioner, and we suggest searching this site: http://www.functionalmedicine.org