3 Anti-Candida Diet Problems

Candida is the yeast infection that never seems to die.  “Try the Anti-Candida diet”, a well meaning blogger or citizen says.  And then it begins…

Unfortunately, if this was all it took to beat this problem I wouldn’t have to make this video.  And I doubt I’d see so many reoccurring infections. Or see test result after test result showing a Candida infection even though the person is strictly following the diet.

The Anti-Candida diet is built on logical sense.  But in practice many people end up eating less than 50 grams of carbohydrate a day.  And I’d say most people I’ve interacted with are actually on a ZERO carbohydrate diet.

They think even 25 grams of carbohydrate will ruin all the hard work they’ve done.  And when they’re putting this much time and effort into a diet, I understand their passion and worry.  The worst part is that a very low carbohydrate diet like this can actually hurt them worse if they don’t have the proper educated support helping them.  And most don’t.

Okay, I agree… don’t eat processed foods, avoid sugars, eat whole foods (try SCD).  But this idea that all carbohydrate needs to be cut out is not necessary.

Many claim the diet provides relief, but not killing power from what I’ve seen… and that’s just the tip of the problems.

3 Anti-Candida Diet Myths

1.  Candida doesn’t usually live alone.

2.  When your hormones are shot, Candida comes back.

3.  Candida needs to be killed, not starved.

Watch the video as I cover these myths and what the next steps should be for you if you think that you’ve got a Candida infection.  Or worse if you do have it and it won’t go away make sure you address all 3.

-Steve

PS – And if you’re looking for someone to help you beat it.  Then you’ve come to the right place.  Head over to our consulting page to get individualized help.  Get consulting help HERE.

Emily Garcia February 23, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Hello and thanks for posting. Can you explain a little bit about the hormone imbalance you mention here, or direct me to a resource that does? I was unclear if this imbalance is a result of following a strict anti-candida diet, yeast overgrowth or yet another gut ailment. I have been strictly following an anti-yeast diet (the Body Ecology Diet) for about 2 months now. But after not much improvement I recently got tested for SIBO, and sure enough, I have this too. So now my doctor recommends a treatment of antibiotics to kill the SIBO followed by the SCD diet, but I’m wondering how hormones fit into this picture. Thanks again.

betty April 30, 2013 at 4:15 pm

read about oil of oregano….the vulgre strain…. be carefull of dosage! I just started it
di-flucan has helped me when prescribed, but I am hopeful this will be a natural remedy.
I now have a compromised immune system from over and uneccessry anti-biotic treatments for lung and sinus and uti infections (yes, i smoke, have copd and am over 60) Doc put too much emphasis on dispensing drugs that might help, not enough diagnostic testing before prescribing and are insufficiently trained in fungal/yeast infection according to my experience and NIH article saying fungal/yeast infections way under-diagnosed. Add c-diff to the equation and all they tell you is to quit smoking!
i will try to remember to report back how the oil of oregano works. I am not a suppliment junkie, eate a balanced diet, but can’t seem to gain my weight back and suffer hospital ER stays from shortness of breath! Thet fix me up on steroids and anti-biotics, but I hope to get well enough to eliminate exaserbations altogether!

jay July 19, 2013 at 3:44 am

As one who had candida in almost every part on my system including head, i just would love to help people out here. Anti-candida diet don’t work and you will loose some vital nutrients if you follow that. Candida is a ph disorder in the body. Call me crazy but i used normal salt to work on my 7 months candida and go it to work in 4 days. just a quarter tea spoon to one glass of water twice daily. Even in fish ponds, they do the same. You’ve got nothing to loose,right? Lemon also does the same. Just drop a segment lemon in your drinking water. Don’t squeeze, just let it sit in the glass and drink your water like they do in restaurants

bob November 11, 2013 at 7:23 am

Hi Jay,
I’m very tired of being sick and tired from what seems to be a candida problem. I just bought a book on the Candida Diet hoping that it would help. Now you and others are saying the diet does not help.
Is it as simple as putting salt or lemon in your water? This is getting frustrating, but I really have to get rid of this. Because my blood pressure has been up, my doctor put me on a diuretic which takes salt out. Possibly the lemon would help.

Steven Wright November 15, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Bob – focus on the hormones as they will be the key to defeating Candida forever.

Heather November 26, 2013 at 12:02 am

I TOTALLY agree with fixing your hormones. The scd did it for me. I went from having insanely heavy periods every two weeks to a normal period every 4 weeks. Anemia-gone!
But .. there is something to Jay is saying also. It’s a two-fold thing. And yes, lemon in water will do it. Also apple cider vinegar with a touch of baking soda in water.

Rob November 28, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Hi,

I have a question regarding candida and was wondering if you could help.

As a sufferer of candida, my nutritionist has advised me to minimise my intake of carbohydrates, especially those in grain based foods. However, I have been permitted to eat starchy veg such as squash and sweet potato in relatively small amounts.

My problem is this, I have just been given a work out programme at the gym and my trainer has advised me that I should consume more carbs if I want to “bulk up”. Is there a safe way of doing this without compromising my health?

Also, what is your opinion on juicing vegetables, certainly greens but also maybe sweet potatoes etc for the extra calories?

I hope you can help.

Jonny February 16, 2014 at 4:33 pm

How do you fix your hormones?

jessica c. March 1, 2014 at 4:01 am

Can you please be more specific about the hormonal imbalance? I am often under a lot of stress and never have normal periods, although i am on birth control. I thought for the longest time i have had hypothyroid symptoms but after being tested, my doctor told me my thyroid was in normal range. My number one symptom is chronic peeling/dry/flaky chapped lips. It is predominately on the lower lip and it happens every single day, year round. i have read many articles and know that the lips are connected and related to the intestines/colon and that i why i think candida is the culprit as i know it can manifest in many ways. What do you think? I have had this issues for years and years and nothing i have done has helped. Do you think i am on the right track? Please help in any way you can. My lips depress me every day and make me very anti social bc of their appearance.

Elaine March 5, 2014 at 12:54 am

Can you kill the candida during pregnancy? I just got my stool test results back but also found out I’m pregnant. I’m worried and confused about what to do! Thanks for your help.