Why Gluten-Free Diets Don’t Work (and Make Me ANGRY)

If you’re someone who’s not getting better on a gluten-free diet, or you’ve tried going gluten-free in the past… this video will explain everything, including why gluten-free diets make me so ANGRY!

Not only that, but I share the top three tips for someone that’s newly diagnosed with Celiac Disease or Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity. (HINT: None of them are the Gluten-Free Diet.)

I’m a pretty laid back guy, but I get a little fired up in this one. Plus, the outtakes give you a sense of my dry humor ha-ha.

I hope you enjoy it,

– Jordan

P.S. – What’s your experience with the Gluten-Free Diet? Let me know in the comments below.

Erin October 25, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Bravo! Wish I had seen this two years ago when I was diagnosed. The knowledgeable practitioner has been the hard part. First we got my sex hormones straight, then some deficiencies, and then I thought I was on the mend. This spring the bottom fell out with severe, can I say that again? Severe adrenal fatigue. Right off the bat I should have been protecting my poor overworked adrenals to prevent the crash from happening. Oh and thyroid too.
Keep up the good work guys!

Linda November 1, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Hi,
Could not agree more! Most of the gluten free products in Australian stores are in a “health foods” section and most are not very nutritious, to say it politely!Very misleading to call them health foods. However, the referral to ” reversing coeliac disease” on this site is also misleading. Your great efforts are directed at reversing ” the effects of coeliac disease”, very different meaning! But again, it’s great you have covered the larger picture and not just the pathetically inadequate recommendations of GPs “to go forth and eat gluten no more!” Shall look forward to some more rants. Keep it up. And might I add….you look well!
LB

Wilhelmina December 24, 2013 at 1:54 am

I was diagnosed with celiac disease a few years ago and must say my belly was not bloated anymore, but that was about it. Further I didn’t feel any better. How ever because of my diet I do not eat sugar, corn, quinoa and rice either, but not even that makes a huge difference for me. My weight is as stuck as a house (went up even) ever since I skipped the gluten, got chronic sniffles, got hives from time to time, etc…. Could it be I am dealing with intestine inflammation and/or leaky gut?

Andrea March 22, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Thank you Jordan for your passion!!! It is comforting to know that there are individuals like you out there fighting for all of us to bring information and healing our way. I have been diagnosed for about 2 years and since the elimination of gluten I have eliminated the bloating and gas pain from my life. However I still suffer from a general lack of energy and am searching for answers on how to fix it. I think I am sorely under supplemented and am starting by adding Vit D and C and some digestive enzymes. Any advice on the enzymes??? I also appreciate the suggestion for the elimination of all grains and sugar and will try to work on that. Thanks again!!!!

Becky April 18, 2014 at 1:09 am

Hm. My 6 yr old was dx’ed 2 years ago just after turning 4 via biopsy after her blood antibodies tested off the chart. Since going gf, her antibodies are now less than 1 with no symptoms left of hurting tummy and skin issues. I wonder if the older you get, the more damage the Celiac has done and that is why some people do not heal on gf alone when diagnosed as adults.

Jael July 28, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Becky may be on to something there – my son was diagnosed at 18 months, and gluten-free works fine for him. Took me another 25 years to figure out my problem, and gluten-free worked for me for a while….not so much now. I’d like to have an excuse for not seeing the connection, but se la vie!

Carolyn August 29, 2014 at 12:48 pm

My daughter was diagnosed at age 15. Her biopsy showed smooth intestine and very low lactose levels. She was better for a little while, then after 5 months, she appears to be worse. Hard to get up out of bed many days. I’m not sure how to find the right practitioner. I’m going back to the same doctor who did the biopsy but not sure I trust him. He refused to do a test of her vitamin B levels that I requested. I have had issues with vitamin B in the past and I think any test of vitamins etc will be helpful. Any advice on finding a practitioner? I’m thinking of bringer her to New York City. I’m not too far from there.

Lori Jo Berg August 29, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Hi Caroly, thank you for reaching out! I am sorry to hear of your daughters struggles with her health. We do suggest finding a functional medicine doctor and you can do so here: http://scdlifestyle.com/practitioners/ If you are wanting to see someone in person, you can search here: functionalmedicine.org

Lori Jo Berg August 29, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Hi Carolyn, thank you for reaching out! I am sorry to hear of your daughters struggles with her health. We do suggest finding a functional medicine doctor and you can do so here: http://scdlifestyle.com/practitioners/ If you are wanting to see someone in person, you can search here: functionalmedicine.org

Anita H July 2, 2015 at 2:28 pm

I couldn’t agree more with the video. I do have a question,mine now has developed into air borne reaction as well. I’m pretty much isolated from society at this point. Even wearing a filter mask doesn’t work it only takes a tiny amount to get around the edges and inhaled and I start having reactions…so what can I do??

Mariel Heiss July 7, 2015 at 4:40 pm

Hi Anita, thanks for commenting. I’m so sorry you’re experiencing this. We have found that when people heal their guts and the underlying causes of their intestinal permeability, their intolerances often become more manageable and even sometimes dissipate. From what you’ve written, it sounds like our Solving Leaky Gut program could help you. The best place to start is with the free quiz at the bottom of this page: http://solvingleakygut.com