Hate figuring out what to eat every day?
I used to feel the same way…
The cure for “menu paralysis” is to plan it out, no exceptions.
The only way I can stay on track feeding a family of four on a Paleo-SCD diet is to live by menus and grocery shopping lists. It gives me peace to know that I have it all figured out.
That’s why I’m going to share an example of my menu and grocery shopping list with you.
If you can’t tolerate all these foods yet, that’s totally cool. Don’t get discouraged; get creative about what you could eat instead.
It took me three years of healing to tolerate some of these foods, so use this as a guide to give you tasty ideas of your own.
How I Use My Paleo-SCD Menu and Grocery Shopping List:
- I plan ahead 4 days at a time, so we can get fresh produce at the farmers market and nothing will spoil
- Meat tastes WAY better when it’s fresh and by planning only 4 days ahead, I can eat fresh meat without having to go to the store every day
- I didn’t list breakfast because we typically have turkey breakfast sausage sautéed in coconut oil
- I didn’t list the bone broth or sauerkraut I eat every day, which are both important parts of my health
I took pictures of my menu and grocery shopping list, so you can print them off and use them just like I do.
(I also typed them in case you can’t read my awful hand writing.)
The 4-Day Paleo-SCD Menu Plan for a Family of Four:
Lunch: Chicken and apple hash
Dinner: Pork Chops – Streamed veggies (cauliflower, carrots, yellow squash)
Lunch: Leftover pork hash with zucchini
Dinner: Bacon and kale with avocado
Lunch: Beet apple salad and tuna
Dinner: Lemon salmon and roasted cauliflower
Lunch: Chicken and orange salad
Dinner: Slow-cooker ribs with onion, garlic, and carrots
Here’s the actual menu for you to print and put on your fridge:
The 4-Day Paleo-SCD Grocery Shopping List That Feeds a Family of Four:
- 2 packages Organic Chicken Breast
- Pork Chops
- Wild Caught Salmon
- Pork Ribs
- 6 apples
- Frozen broccoli
- Kale bunch
- 2 Avocadoes
- Yellow Squash
- 2 Oranges
- Coconut oil
Here’s the actual grocery shopping list I used so you can print it out and take it to the store:
That’s it 🙂
How do you plan your meals each week? Let me know in the comments section below.