Answering Emails – Including: Fructose, Hunger and Why Everyone Has Time to Start SCD (Podcast 14)

If you like what you hear, make sure you subscribe on iTunes (Don’t forget to rate us on iTunes – Thanks!)

Email is a great form of communication, but talking is a far superior medium of communication if you ask us. We love doing these podcasts because we feel it is much easier to get our message across.

With that in mind, lately we started receiving many emails that all seem to be related. We figured if a couple of you were curious, then there must be at least 2 others who didn’t contact us that cared as well. So, this week we categorized several emails into general questions we get often and addressed them on the podcast.

We hope you enjoy and that you like the idea of getting your very own podcast, that’s basically what we are offering. We want to help more and talk about topics that are on the forefront of your lives. The best way to ensure this is if you just submit questions or topics that you want to hear us jive on.

Remember, no question is out of bounds here at SCD Lifestyle. The easiest way to get your questions asked is to click on this link and enter your questions and ideas in the form.

Let us know what you think of the question and answer idea in the comments section below. We don’t think it will be a weekly routine but a couple times a month would really be cool.

1:03 First Question – Do fructose intolerance and SCD mix? You might be surprised

5:38 Specific intro diet tweaks for fructose, dairy, egg, and meat intolerances/allergies

7:45 Second Question – I’m always hungry, there’s no way I can start this diet!

11:40 Simple tip – You don’t need more than 3 meals a day but it might be worth a try

13:01 Third Question – I don’t have time because of XYZ, how can I start this diet?

16:41 Let’s be honest, the #1 barrier holding you back from starting SCD is….

17:39 The most difficult thing in the world!

19:10 Help Us.. Help You

Play

Want your questions answered on the next podcast?

Click this link to submit your questions: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/7DZJJTT

If you can’t see the audio player below, click here for the source file: http://scdlifestyle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/SCD-Lifestyle-Solution-Podcast-14.mp3

George January 21, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Love the flow you guys have with each other – it makes for some awesome content.

Also love the Q & A format you took with it – straight forward and to the point.

Keep up the great work!

Jordan Reasoner February 2, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Thanks George! Appreciate the comments – keep listening, we’re going to be doing more Q&A with everyone’s questions.

~ Jordan

Tressey January 21, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Great talk and kick in the pants to stop with excuses and get to work on being better. Supposedly there is a ” to be expected” three month flare when doing scd. Well it looks like my flare would come during the onset of pollen season. I usually do some type of cleanse to make it easier on myself, but was wondering if I should still do this? Also would you recommend eating something different during this time to either eliminate or alleviate pollen related sinus issues, while staying scd legal. Many thanks.

Jordan Reasoner February 2, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Hey Tressey – I might recommend you take out dairy or egg for a few days and see if that doesn’t take your health to the next level. Usually when I hear about sinus issues I think diary or egg reactions.

Let us know!

– Jordan

Heidi January 22, 2011 at 10:09 am

Here are some questions:
IS THE PERFECT POOP THE ONLY INDICATION THAT YOUR GUT IS HEALING? WHAT’S ACTUALLY HAPPENING DOWN THERE WHEN YOU CONTINUE TO HAVE SMALL AMOUNTS OF DIARRHEA; ARE YOU STILL HEALING, ALBEIT SLOWLY? IT IS DISCOURAGING WHEN YOU TRY SO HARD TO DO THE DIET PROPERLY, BUT STILL HAVE, WHAT I CALL, “NIGHTTIME DIARRHEA”

Jordan Reasoner February 2, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Hi Heidi,

I wrote an article a while back about troubleshooting the diet (http://scdlifestyle.com/2010/07/24/troubleshooting-the-scd-diet-how-to-pinpoint-the-foods-stopping-you-from-scd-success/) – my best suggestion is to try a few days without dairy egg or nut and see how it goes, you might find you feel better really quickly.

~ Jordan

Gail January 26, 2011 at 4:10 pm

I’m trying to help my boyfriend adhere to the diet.
Thanks for pioneering this information via podcast!
Looking forward to the newsletter.

Jordan Reasoner February 2, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Great job Gail! Let us know how it goes.

Stephanie Edgren May 11, 2013 at 3:00 pm

I took a leap of faith a few weeks ago and decided I was going to do this for 90 days. Boy am I so glad I did! After 20 days I feel so much better! I enjoy reading your posts and listening to your podcasts. They always seem to be timely with what I’m wondering about (how do you do that :-)…and keep me motivated and positive! I have FM and have made minor adjustments to the diet…it CAN be done! I’m even trying some higher FM foods (ie pears, apples) in small, pureed amounts and so far I’ve been able to tolerate them. Keep up the GREAT work and know it is very much appreciated.. I no longer feel I’m going at this alone, and I trust that from you I have knowledgeable guidance! You guys ROCK!

Jordan Reasoner May 13, 2013 at 11:24 am

Thank you so much Stephanie!!! Would you be willing to share your story on the blog for others to get inspired? If so, please email us at [email protected] and we will give you more details.

You rock!