The SCD Lifestyle Solution Podcast #6: How to Manage Setbacks and Why it is Crucial to Your Success

If you like what you hear, make sure you subscribe on iTunes . (Don’t forget to rate us on iTunes – Thanks!)

We again had the pleasure of having Matt Robinson from Natural Digestive Healing join us on the podcast this week as

Don’t let setbacks ruin your success

we tackled the topic of “How to manage setbacks and why it is crucial to your success.” Setbacks happen to many people while healing on the SCD Diet and if you can learn how to manage them it will dramatically improve your chances of success on the diet.

If you are thinking about starting the diet and want to know what it’s like to go through ups and downs, then listen to this podcast to find out what to expect and how to manage it successfully. Also, if you have been on the diet for a while and are still struggling with setbacks on the diet, then you need to listen to this podcast to hear the lessons we learned along the way.

If you have a question for us about the SCD Diet, go down to the bottom of the post and add a comment with your question. Or feel free to email us at [email protected]

On This Podcast, We Cover:

2:00 How were you tracking your symptoms on the diet?

5:13 Jordan’s favorite mental SCD Diet tip to get through bad days

7:15 How to find out what might have caused a setback

16:30 What is the best approach to introducing new foods?

19:45 How did you deal with setbacks? How did you make it through the down days?

26:40 Possibly the number one most powerful realization about having a digestive disease and the SCD Diet

29:30 The tips/tricks for getting through setbacks and back to healing

36:00 What to do mentally to get through cravings, so you don’t give in and ruin your chances of success.

45:20 What’s the one take away someone listening should learn about setbacks?

Play

Also, if you want to learn more about our psychological tips and tricks for dealing with those setbacks that leave you battling cravings, wanting to quit, and searching for answers, check out our eBook “SCD Lifestyle – Surviving to Thriving.”

Enjoy!

-Jordan

Back to SCD Lifestyle

Denise November 3, 2010 at 12:51 pm

Hi there,

ITunes won’t copy the podcasts onto my IPod Nano saying it won’t play on this IPod. Is it formatted only to play on higher end IPods?

Denise November 3, 2010 at 2:07 pm

Just an update – my podcast copying problem was an error on my part. ITunes won’t let you copy over the podcasts from the initial listing. It appears you should first “subscribe” and then copy over the podcasts. I should have realized this, but the ITunes error message made me think there was something deficient with my IPod.

Steve November 3, 2010 at 2:31 pm

@ Denise – Thanks for letting everyone know your experience, I’m sure it will help others! When we upload them into iTunes, they are standard MP3 files which will work on every IPod made. Also if you would please rate our show in iTunes, thanks!

Hope you enjoy this weeks show!

Heather November 3, 2010 at 4:30 pm

Great podcast – it really helps to hear the voices of people who have these conditions, how they succeed and how they struggle. Great reminder that we will struggle but we will get better. Loved the comment about Googling – I did that during my last flare and all it did was make me more worried. Thanks for all that you are doing for the IBS/Colitis/Crohns community!

Thedra November 3, 2010 at 5:26 pm

Thanks for such an encouraging message! I could identify with almost EVERYTHING! I’ve been on SCD for a year now and have ups and downs. I’ve been a subscriber to “Lifestyle” for quite a few months and love getting your emails. They are so great. Thanks for your hard work in putting them together. Thedra

Steven Wright November 3, 2010 at 8:06 pm

@ Heather – Thanks so much for comment! Your so right about Googling, it can be a blessing or a curse! Sometimes if I have a really bad day I will unplug my computer and power it down just so I don’t get tempted!

Steven Wright November 3, 2010 at 8:08 pm

@ Thedra – Thanks so much for commenting! Congrats on sticking with the diet! I hope it is has worked as well for you as it has for us! We really appreciate you following us and if you ever think of something you would like us to discuss or write about please let us know!

Anna November 7, 2010 at 12:06 am

Oh, man, do I know about Googling. Talk about needlessly stressing yourself out. After diagnosing myself with three horrible illnesses this summer, I finally got control of my craziness and promised myself I would never do it again. If I ever get tempted, which I do, I just have to walk away and distract myself.

Steven Wright November 7, 2010 at 10:35 am

@ Anna – I totally know what you mean, I think Googling and learning is okay to do when you are having a good day, but when I’m in a down day I stay as far away from the computer as possible and I try and keep the credit card hidden as well! Just seems like in those down days it is so easy to let your mind run away with your head.

Amanda December 1, 2010 at 9:03 pm

I love the comments on food jealously and time outs from social gatherings. I have done so much work around my relationship with food (emotional eating doesn’t work so good on the scd). This podcast had me laughing out loud and feeling normal 🙂 Thanks guys!

Jordan Reasoner December 8, 2010 at 12:37 pm

Thanks Amanda! Hearing you say that makes me feel normal too, sometimes I wonder – ha-ha!

There is a ton of emotion and challenges around our relationship with food, that is awesome that you continue to work on it and get better. Keep up the good work your doing.