The SCD Lifestyle Solution Podcast #2: Are You Afraid the SCD Diet Won’t Work for You?

If you like what you hear, make sure you subscribe on iTunes (Don’t forget to rate it on iTunes – Thanks!)

Great news…. drum-roll please!!!! We have made this thing official and now each and every week our podcasts will be available for free download on iTunes… which is pretty cool. So, check that out, or just download it at the bottom of this page. Ha ha, there is a little lag time between when we post them and when iTunes adds the episode.

Listen to This Podcast Right Here:

Play

This week it’s just the two of us (don’t worry, Matt will be back next week) and we are talking about the number one fear that we hear over and over about the SCD Diet… “I am afraid that the diet won’t work for me.” If you are thinking the same thing and it’s stopping you from taking control of your health, than you need to listen to this podcast. Also, if you have been on the diet for a while and aren’t getting the results you wanted, than you need to listen to this podcast.

And also, if you like us and think we are cool, then you need to listen to this podcast.

Next week, we are going to be answering a few readers questions… so if you have a question for us about the SCD Diet, go down to the bottom of the post and add a comment with your question or feel free to email us at [email protected].

Enjoy!

-Jordan

Back to SCD Lifestyle

Teresa October 8, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Thanks so much for this podcast. I’ve been feeling so discouraged lately, but your podcast really reminded me to not give up! I need to just keep trying and be moderate with things even when they’re “legal”– like not eating 4 cocounut muffins etc. I’ve restarted again from square one and am feeling much better already.

It’s great to know others have the same issues and problems. Even though we’re all a bit different with our symptoms, we can learn so much from each other. I think you are doing a marvelous job keeping us all sane with this thing.

thanks again!

Jordan Reasoner October 8, 2010 at 2:04 pm

@ Teresa: Thank you so much! It’s great to hear that you aren’t giving up… just hang in there and keep tweaking to make it work for your body!

The moderation thing is huge and I am so glad that you took that to heart. You are already over the hardest part of this thing… just starting it! You will get there just keep pushing and taking each new step up in health… we are all in this together, thanks for the support!

Nancy October 8, 2010 at 7:51 pm

I just finished listening to the podcast and had an ah ha moment. I don’t think I conciously made the decision but I’ve been eating with the thought that everything on the list should be okay. I’ve had some reactions that I wrote off to something other than what I was eating since what I was eating was “legal”. Really appreciate this insight.

I’m having trouble replacing some of my supplements that I can’t just stop taking (doctors orders). Like 50,000 iu’s of Vitamin D3 and 1,000 mg of L-Lysine that I take everyday that contain Rice Powder. I don’t know how bad that is on the diet but I assume it’s best not to consume it. Rice Powder is typical in many vegetarian based supplements so it seems hard to avoid.

There are others like SAMe containing carboxymethylstarch which I know is a form of starch but haven’t been able to find any brand without something illegal. Is rice powder less of an issue than this kind of starch since this supplement seems to have either one or the other at minimum.

Any help in regards with this topic would be appreciated.

Jordan Reasoner October 8, 2010 at 9:48 pm

@ Nancy, thanks for your support and comments. I am so glad to hear that you got some good value out of the podcast!

You are doing some great work, keep it up and keep tweaking… we will spend some time on the call talking about your question, but in the meantime I get all my SCD Legal supplements from http://www.giprohealth.com… there stuff is absolutely top notch and they clearly list what is SCD legal and what isn’t. The family that started GI Pro have treated their son’s ASD with SCD and were very close to Elaine… go check it out and get that taken care of so it doesn’t give you any doubts.

Nancy October 9, 2010 at 2:52 pm

Thanks Jordan I will definitely check out giprohealth.com. Looking forward to the next podcast.

Anna October 9, 2010 at 4:24 pm

Steve, what did you say about your sense of smell improving? I listened, but I’ve already forgotten. All I remember was that zinc wasn’t cutting it.

Steven Wright October 10, 2010 at 8:27 pm

Hi Anna,

Zinc did help a little bit for my smelling, but the gains I found quickly plateaued and I was left wondering what else I needed to do to find my everyday smelling again.

Well A month ago I finally was able to get in to see an awesome allergy specialist who was able to test me for environmental as well as food allergies. Turns out I had some environmental stuff that was causing me to get quite a nasal drip and plugging up my smelling ability. So I’ve started getting allergy shots for those which has really helped!

But even more important for my smelling I found out I’m pretty allergic to cow’s dairy (among others that I expected like wheat, soy, yeast). But after removing all dairy in a week my smelling was back!!!

I do think it was a combo effect of finally being able to breathe and stop the nasal congestion from the environmental stuff, but it wasn’t until that had cleared and I removed all cow’s dairy did my smelling ability really start to shine!

This came as a complete surprise to me as I thought I was fine with cow dairy (experimented with it several times in the first 3 months on the diet) but it just goes to show that as you reach higher and higher levels of health you can never take for granted that there might be something holding you back that you tested once and either gave up or deemed fine for you! I hope this helps!

seo Hoddesdon October 4, 2014 at 8:50 am

Pretty nice post. I jjust stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I’ve really enjoyed surtfing around your blog
posts. Aftewr all I will be subscribing to your feed and I hipe you write again very soon!