The SCD Lifestyle Solution Podcast #1: What Was Starting the Diet Like for You?

If you like what you hear, make sure you subscribe on iTunes. (Don’t forget to rate us on iTunes – Thanks!)

This podcast is a brand new adventure and we couldn’t just go at it alone… so we enlisted the help of our good friend Matt Robinson from Natural Digestive Healing. He graciously took some time out of his busy life to get on the phone with us and talk about some of the hottest topics people want to know about starting the SCD diet… check it out as all three of us jive and share our personal experiences going through it.

If you want to find out more about Matt and his story, check out our spotlight we did on him a few weeks back. You won’t be disappointed.

Here are Some of the Main Points… Enjoy!

0:45 Can you walk us through some of the challenges you faced and how you actually started the diet?

9:43 When you first learned about the diet, what were some of the biggest challenges and limiting beliefs to immediately starting the diet. Why did you hesitate?

14:45 Were the social challenges of the diet really awkward? What was it like eating SCD around other people?

22:35 What was your mindset like the week before you started the diet? What was going through your head?

38:50 How did you prep your family and friends when you were starting the diet?

42:30 How did you handle not being able to eat the food that your family is used to making for you at family get togethers?

48:30 What is your final piece of advice to someone thinking about starting the diet?

Play

Thanks again Matt! Don’t forget to post your questions for next week below!

-Jordan

Vicki October 1, 2010 at 8:16 am

This was great guys! I am on SCD and sometimes I feel a bit rebellious about it. (Especially when it is Pumpkin Spice time at Starbucks) Your attitudes and straight talk were just what I needed to hear. SCD has given me back my life. I can’t say that about Starbucks. I need to remember that no cheat is worth the risk of going backward to a half life of pain and endless suffering. Thanks!

Jordan Reasoner October 4, 2010 at 8:10 am

Wow Vicki, thank you so much! That was an incredibly powerful message you just put up… I am really glad that you took the time to listen to our ramblings!

Got any questions for us to go over next week don’t forget to post em!

Ellie October 4, 2010 at 2:21 pm

I listened to this the other day and it was great. You guys are so awesome. I just thought I would share that today is the day. I’ve made the chicken soup and I am ready to begin feeling better. I am so blessed to have found this site and the support you guys give. Thanks so much.

Jordan Reasoner October 4, 2010 at 2:55 pm

Thanks Ellie! Congrats on starting your journey today… you rock!

Hey, we are going to probably be recording our next podcast in the next few days so if you have any questions or run into any challenges, please post up a question or email it to us and we will spend some time sharing our thoughts on it for this weeks post.

The diet works, stick with it! In good health,

David Fenton May 18, 2011 at 11:19 pm

That was great. I have been doing scd for about a year and a couple of months. It has changed my life in so many positive ways. There are not that many folks who are doing SCD. This was like listening to friends talk about something only a few can relate to.
I purposly started at the first recording in case I liked it so then I would listen to the rest in order.
I am now looking forward to the listening to them all
Well Done and THANKS!!
Dave

Jordan Reasoner June 16, 2011 at 8:53 am

Thanks David! Great work following the diet for so long, you rock man!

Stay in touch and let us know how you’re doing.

Heather June 18, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I hear a lot about people with D but not so much about C, which is what I have. BTVC talks a lot about what to eat or avoid in the beginning if you are experiencing D but as I start the diet I am wondering if there is a way to ease into it since I am experiencing C (as I have my entire life.) Can anyone share empirical data on this? Thanks!

Steven Wright June 22, 2012 at 9:22 am

@ Heather – SCD works for constipation as well. There are many of us including me who have battled it at various points in our healing. You might want to start with this blog post. http://scdlifestyle.com/2011/10/ibs-c-naturally-heal-constipation/